At the end of the day in the shop, it is advisable to close the cash register. This will help us to account for all the money invoiced during the day and, in the event that there are money gaps, it will ensure that these do not overlap with the next day's activity.
Requirements for a cash closure:
- The user must have the role of OWNER, STORE MANAGER or STORE VENDOR. You can see the different types of role in the section Create or edit a user.
- Previously open the cash activity. You can see how to open the cash activity in the section Cash activity.
Steps to perform a cash closing:
- Go to the side menu and click on the SELL button in the SHOPS section.
- In the SELL screen we find the box open, so we click on the button represented by three dots located in the upper left corner next to the name of the box.
- A drop-down menu will open and we select the CLOSE BOX option.
- You will be presented with a pop-up of cash closing where we see:
- Total invoiced: total sales made during the activity.
- Total cash movements (expenditure): total movements of adding/withdrawing cash from the till during the activity.
- Cash count: total cash to be withdrawn from the cash register to leave the same fund with which the activity was opened. Once the cash has been withdrawn, the remaining cash has to be accounted for and the amount has to be recorded in the field Balance accounted for.
- Notes or comments: to store some kind of information, e.g. in case there is a discrepancy with the cash fund.
- Finally we can add notes or comments if necessary. Click on CLOSE BOX and automatically the box will be closed and the box closure will be printed.
- We can also see the closures in the side menu, in the CLOSURES section of the SHOPS section.
Image step 2 and 3: Click on the close box button.
Image step 4: Pop-up of the cash register closure